Lakme Sun Expert SPF 50 PA+++ Ultra Matte Gel Sunscreen

Hi friends,

Welcome to Vanity Sparkles.

Today I am going to review the Lakme Sun Expert SPF 50 PA+++ Ultra Matte Gel Sunscreen.

The major issue we all face during sunny days is tanning. We also face issues of sunburn. But we definitely can not avoid exposure to the sun, can we? The most convenient way of protecting ourselves from the sun is by using a sunscreen.

Lakme Sun Expert SPF 50 PA+++ Ultra Matte Gel Sunscreen

Claims: With broad-spectrum protection and SPF 50 PA+++, Lakme Sun Expert is a high performance sunscreen that blocks upto 97% harmful UVB sunrays. Its ultra-matte texture glides on effortlessly and seeps into your skin so fast, it barely feels like you are wearing anything. Now face the sun with confidence every time you step out with the sun expert that's lightweight and perfect to wear under everyday make-up.

Price: INR 250/- for 50 ml and INR 450/- for 100 ml

Availability: Available online as well as offline.

Shelf Life: 3 years

Directions for use: Apply your sunscreen liberally on all the exposed area 15 - 20 minutes before stepping out in the sun.

Packaging: The packaging is a plastic tube with a tight secure flip cap. It is travel friendly and hygienic as it is in tube form.

My experience

I have a very sensitive skin towards the sun. I get sunburns really easily and so I am always on the lookout for good sunscreens that have a high SPF and will protect me from the harmful rays of the sun.

I have already used the cult favs, Neutrogena and Lotus and love the Lotus matte gel a lot. But being a blogger, I couldn't stop there, could I? So, I bought the Lakme sunscreen to try it. I didn't have very high hopes but since it comes with SPF 50, UVA and UVB protection and is a gel based sunscreen, I gave this one a shot.

It has gel consistency that spreads easily on the skin. It is not sticky on the skin but it makes my face very shiny. I don't know why because it doesn't feel sticky at all. It settles matte on the skin but I still apply compact to reduce the shine.

It could work as a great base for makeup since makes the skin smooth and kinda blurs it out as well. The only issue that I faced initially is that it can become heavy and add another layer to your skin very easily. If you go overboard and apply more, then it might feel heavy on your skin.

But one can still manage that by taking a smaller amount of product. The biggest issue however is the fragrance. Don't get me wrong, it smells great. But, it has a strong added artificial fragrance which might irritate some people with sensitive skin.

Pros:

  • Gives a matte finish
  • Ideal for normal to oily skin
  • Has PA+++, SPF 50+, UVA and UVB
  • Works as a good makeup base, makes skin smooth
  • Doesn't leave a white cast
  • Travel friendly packaging

Cons:

  • Makes the skin shiny
  • Added fragrance
  • Might seem like a heavy layer if amount not controlled

Would I recommend?

You can try it out for sure. But if you already have a fav, you can skip this one.

My rating: 4/5

Comments

Popular Posts