Plum Hair Care Range

Hi Friends,

Welcome to Vanity Sparkles.

Today I am going to review a couple of products from the Plum hair care range.

1. Plum Hibiscus & Rosemary Gentle Defence Shampoo
2. Plum Olive & Macadamia Conditioner For Chemically Treated Hair
3. Plum Olive & Macadamia Mega Moisturizing Hair Mask

Well, who doesn't need a good hair care product? We all know the importance of it. Plus one's that are chemical free. We need that ASAP!

Plum is inspired by the goodness in nature, and driven by the desire to be good and do good. Designed in a London studio, Plum products are always 100% vegan and cruelty-free. No parabens, phthalates or other doubtful - in any product. Marrying science and product expertise with innate love for nature, welcome to plum. Take in the goodness!

Plum Hibiscus & Rosemary Gentle Defence Shampoo

Claims: This sulphate-free, dandruff-fighting Hibiscus & Rosemary Gentle Defence Shampoo by Plum harnesses the plant-power of hibiscus and rosemary, and a new-generation plant-derived dandruff fighter, to deliver anti-dandruff activity that's gentle, yet effective, compared to zinc-laden shampoos. Its silicone-free formula drastically reduces product build-up on hair, and keeps your hair light, fluffy and happy!

Price: INR 675/- for 300 ml





Plum Olive & Macadamia Conditioner For Chemically Treated Hair 

Claims: Show some tender, loving care for chemically treated hair with the Plum Olive & Macadamia Rich Nourish Conditioner. Loaded with shea butter, olive fractions rich in squalene, plus macadamia oil and vege-keratin, this 100% silicone-free conditioner helps soften, detangle, smoothen and protect hair, while giving it a healthy, natural shine. It is suitable for all-hair types, including damaged and chemically-treated hair.

Price: INR 675/- for 300 ml




Plum Olive & Macadamia Mega Moisturizing Hair Mask

Claims: The Plum Olive & Macadamia Mega Moisturizing Hair Mask is a treat, and not just a deep conditioning treatment, for your hair. Deep moisturizing, nourishing hair mask made with love from olive oil, macadamia oil, shea butter and loads of other do-gooders for stressed out tresses. Specially processed pro-vitamin B5 and film-forming hair protectants shield hair from pollution and UV. This silicone-free hair mask moisturizes, softens and deep-nourishes chemically-treated, damaged hair. Use once or twice a week for hair that looks, and indeed is, healthier, softer and shinier.

Price: INR 875/- for 250 ml

My experience

Shelf Life: 2 years

Packaging: The packaging is great. It comes with a pump and is very sleek. However, it is not travel friendly as the quantity is huge which makes the bottle bulky.

Plum is one of my favorite brands. I have and will continue to use their products. Forever!

When they came out with the hair care range, I was super excited. I bought the shampoo, conditioner and mask combo immediately.

The ingredients just intrigued me. I haven't come across any hair product that used these. And plus it claims to be free of all chemicals:

7-FREE! Good science for happy hair! Plum hair care is free of: 
Sulphates - so the cleansing is gentle. 
Silicones - to allow hair to breathe & shine at its natural best 
Alcohol - so there's no drying 
Parabens - we all know why! 
Phthalates - potential reproductive toxins 
Zinc - prolonged use of ZPT can irritate the scalp 
Propylene Glycol - can be harsh to skin over the long term 

I have major hair fall issues. My previous shampoo had also given me some dandruff issues and so I needed to switch. And what better than products that come from one of your favorite brands and is free off so many bad things that you couldn't even think of.

The shampoo is a light pinkish-red color that has an amazing smell. The look and smell of it just makes me happy instantly.


The conditioner is a light green color that smells good too. The consistency is extremely thick. So thick that it becomes difficult to dispense it through the dispenser. I have to take the cap off and remove it. It gets very irritating.


The hair mask has a white creamy texture that applies smoothly on the hair. It smells like the conditioner. The smell is good for a while but it starts to get very irritating after a point.

I generally oil my hair before every wash (I try to), and the shampoo removed all oil. My hair didn't feel greasy or oily. I did not have to use a lot of it. Just a normal quantity gave me those results.

But, it didn't make my hair soft, shiny, manageable or stop my hair fall.

Now, this shampoo comes with a note- "Important: If you are used to sulphates & silicones in your hair product, it could take a few uses with sulphate-free & silicone-free formulas for your hair to settle down to the new (friendlier) regime."

And so, I thought that it will just take more time to show its results.

But, I have been using this shampoo since almost a month and a half and I still don't see any change. 

In fact, my scalp has become a little more flaky.

Similarly for the conditioner and hair mask as well. I didn't really enjoy any of these hair products that much. I did not feel that the claims were fulfilled in any way!

Just a whole lot of disappointment.

Would I recommend it?

You can try it out. But I don't recommend it.

Pros: 

  • Free of 7 chemicals that are harmful to you 
  • Amazing smell 
  • Cleans hair thoroughly 

Cons: 

  • Doesn't give a soft or manageable effect 
  • No effect on hair fall 
  • Expensive 

My rating: 2/5

Comments

Popular Posts