Dot & Key Skin Cleansing Steam Balm

Hi Friends,

Welcome to Vanity Sparkles.

Today I am going to review the Dot & Key Skin Cleansing Steam Balm.

Applying makeup, at least a little bit of compact and kajal, is my everyday routine. At least sunscreen everyday. Have you ever thought how important it is to remove it too?

Dot & Key Skin Cleansing Steam Balm

Dot & Key believes the most overlooked parts of the body deserve as much attention as the face. Therefore, the brand addresses lifestyle needs that are often overlooked by offering you a superior skincare range that's absolutely safe, delightfully gentle and unquestionably effective. Everything they make is clinically tested and cruelty-free, so you can use it without a worry in the world.

Claims: Long-stay makeup keeps you looking your best for hours, but removing it can often be a task. Dot & Key Skin Cleansing Steam Balm is a specially formulated makeup remover. Whether you mix it with water for a creamy cleanse or apply it directly on to your face for a luxurious, balm-like feel, this makeup cleanser melts instantly to dissolve all makeup and dirt. It not only deep cleans skin, but also does so while intensely nourishing it.

The coconut, almond, macadamia and argan oils it contains nourish and hydrate skin deeply, while neroli and lime essential oils leave behind a fresh, energizing fragrance. Made with zero nasty chemicals, this facial cleanser is completely safe and gentle on your complexion. So you can enjoy the makeup, and the feeling of clean, healthy skin after.

Price: INR 745/- for 100 gms

Key Ingredients: Almond Oil, Coconut Oil, Jojoba Oil, Macadamia Nut Oil, Argan Kernel Oil and Citrus aurantium amara Flower (Neroli) Oil & Lime Oil. However, the whole list is mentioned on the packaging

Availability: Available on nykaa and amazon

Shelf Life: 2 years

Directions for use: Scoop out a sufficient amount of the makeup cleansing balm using spatula. Massage on your face till all the makeup melts, and steam it off with a warm face cloth while breathing deeply. Use a hot towel to clean excess oiliness off the skin afterwards. Rinse eyes with water after.

Packaging: It comes in a plastic tub with a cardboard outer packaging. The packaging feels very luxurious and really cute.

My experience

I always wanted to try a make up cleansing balm. I used to see "Get un-ready with me" videos and find it soo satisfying to see the blogger use it and remove their makeup.

When I got this, I was more than happy.

First of all, the packaging is BOMB! I love it sooo much. I even thought that I wouldn't throw it away even after finishing it up. It looks sooo cute!

It comes with a spatula to help to scoop out the product which is convenient. I scoop out some amount of it, rub it between my fingers and massage it on my face.

Now, I am not a heavy makeup user. Moisturizer, Sunscreen, compact and kajal is my jam. So, I judge this based on light makeup only. If you are a heavy makeup user and have used this, comment down below and share your experience to help us out please.

It is a gentle balm that helps to melt your makeup away instantly. You do not need to apply any pressure or tug and pull. Just massage it and makeup is off.

After that, I just wipe it off with a towel and then use my face wash to double cleanse.

Although I don't wear water proof mascara now a days, I still have a tube. (New job in a hospital and I feel mascara would be a tad more for it). However, I applied some of the mascara on my hand, let it dry and then used some amount of this balm on it and it came off easily as well. So, I am pretty sure that the same would be the case on the eyes.

Now, coming to the key ingredients.

Almond Oil works to keep skin soft, smooth and healthy. Coconut Oil, as we all know, is a wonderful all natural makeup remover. The oil breaks down waxy, inky, long stay makeup, and leaves delicate skin hydrated, too. Jojoba Oil has anti-inflammatory properties that help tame skin chafing and chapping, reduce redness caused by drying, and keep skin calm and comfortable. Macadamia Nut Oil helps to restore the skin's barrier function and reduce water loss. Argan Kernel Oil nourishes and hydrates skin deeply. It is lightweight & non comedogenic, and leaves skin with a subtle sheen. Neroli Oil & Lime Oil leave behind a fresh, energizing fragrance on skin.

Pros:

  • Effortlessly clears make up and dirt
  • Deep cleans skin when used with hot steam cloth
  • Contains many nourishing and moisturizing ingredients
  • Made without any nasty chemicals, it is 100% safe and gentle on skin
  • Super cute packaging

Cons: 

  • Fragrance is good but can get a bit strong for some people
  • Contains essential oils that some people might be allergic to

Would I recommend?

It is great. I would totally recommend for someone who wants to try cleansing balm!

My rating: 4.5/5

Comments

Popular Posts