Neutrogena UltraSheer Dry Touch Sunblock SPF 50+

Hi friends,

Welcome to In my vanity box.

Today I am going to review the Neutrogena UltraSheer Dry Touch Sunblock SPF 50+.

The major issue we all face during sunny days is tanning. We also face issues of sunburn. But we definitely can not avoid exposure to the sun, can we? The most convenient way of protecting ourselves from the sun is by using a sunscreen.

Neutrogena UltraSheer Dry Touch Sunblock SPF 50+

Claims: Get the best protection under sun with Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch Sunblock. The cream provides broad spectrum protection from the harmful UVA and UVB rays of the sun. Say goodbye to skin darkening, sun burns and age spots with Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch Sunblock. Infused with Neutrogena's exclusive Helioplex technology, it is perfect for all skin types. The Neutrogena sunscreen gets instantly absorbed into your skin leaving it soft and smooth. The oil free formula is great and would not feel heavy on your skin.

Price: INR 199/- for 30 gms and INR 549/- for 88 gms

Availability: Available online as well as offline.

Ingredients: Couldnt find it on the tube.

Shelf Life: 3 years

Directions for use: Apply your Neutrogena sunscreen liberally on all the exposed area 15 - 20 minutes before stepping out in the sun.

Packaging: The packaging is a plastic tube with a tight secure cap. It is travel friendly and hygienic as it is in tube form.

My experience

I have a very sensitive skin towards the sun. I get sunburns really easily and so I am always on the lookout for good sunscreens that have a high SPF and will protect me from the harmful rays of the sun.

I had heard so much about the Neutrogena sunscreen. I have oily skin type and so I was using the Lotus sunscreen as it is gel type and so doesnt make my skin oily or greasy. But all the bloggers were raving about this one working similarly and I thought I would give it a shot. This was voted as the holy grail product by some as well.



It has a white creamy consistency that smells pleasant. It won my heart there as I hate the smell of the Lotus one. Also, I think that the packaging of this one is much more attractive than the Lotus one. But it is slightly more expensive than the Lotus one.

It has SPF 50+ and UVA UVB protection with PA+++ which is perfect for the summers here.

Now these are almost the same points that the Lotus one also gives you. But, which one is better for oily skin?

The first time I applied it and stepped out of my house in the scorching afternoon heat, my skin started to burn. I dont blame it fully on the sunscreen, but the Lotus one never did that to me. It was irritating.

It also makes my skin oily. I generally set my skin with a compact which mattifies it down but if I dont, then it makes my skin oilier after a while.

But when I apply it, it gets absorbed in my skin really quickly and is not shiny. But since it is a white cream, I thought that it gave me some white cast. I generally like to apply a generous amount of sunscreen due to my skin issue and so if I do it with this one, it makes my skin white. The Lotus one is a colourless gel and so it doesnt do that.

So, Neutrogena or Lotus?

Well, the Neutrogena one being a creamy consistency, it also feels a little moisturizing on the skin and so might be perfect for dry skin type.

But, since I have oily skin, I choose Lotus and would suggest all the oily beauties to do the same.

Pros:

  • Absorbs into the skin and gives a matte finish
  • Ideal for normal to dry skin
  • Has PA+++, SPF 50+, UVA and UVB
  • Dermatologist tested
  • Non comodogenic
  • Oil free and PABA free
  • Travel friendly packaging

Cons:

  • Makes the skin oily
  • Leaves a white cast

My rating: 3.5/5

Comments

Popular Posts