Plum Green Tea Moisturizer

Hi friends,

Welcome to In my vanity box.

Today I am going to review the Plum Green Tea Moisturizer.

Most of us are familiar with the CTM (Cleansing, Toning and Moisturizing) routine. After we wash and tone our face, we strip our face of the oils. We also need to restore the moisture back into our skin after that. Therefore, moisturizer is essential step.

The green tea range of Plum is great for oily and acne prone skin. The ingredients of this range are actually very beneficial in stopping the acne and removing the oiliness. This range also has the toner, face wash, moisturizer, night cream and serum.

Plum Green Tea Moisturizer

Plum products are PETA certified and 100% vegan and cruelty-free. They are also free of Parabens, Pthalates, Propylene Glycol, SLS, DEA and PABA.



Claims: It claims to be a silicone-free, matte-finish moisturizer with hand-picked non-comodogenic ingredients. Daily pleasant after-feel, non-shiny finish and acne combat.  Multi-dimensional care that includes: controlled hydration, non-shiny matte finish, acne (pimples) combat and a fresh, clear appearance. Glycolic acid helps keep skin clear. Green tea extracts act against the acne formation process.

Price: INR 470/- for 50 gms

Availability: Available on nykaa, amazon and plum websites.

Ingredients:

Shelf Life: 2 years

Directions for use:

Packaging: The packaging is very travel friendly as the bottle is small and sturdy which will easily fit in your bag. It has a good pump with a plastic cap to secure it.

My experience

I have used this moisturizer 5-6 times since I have got it. It is a white light gel like creamy consistency. It definitely feels silicone free.



I have used the toner, face wash and face pack from this range, all of which have worked really great on my skin. But this moisturizer somehow did not work for me.

I initially used two pumps of it which made my skin oily and greasy. Then I thought of using just a small pump of it but it still had similar effects. I tried using it a couple of more times just to be sure of how it is working.

But every time I use it, it makes my skin feel oily and greasy. The claim of giving a matte finish didn't seem to materialize on me. I had to work my way into my skin to get it absorbed. Also, the smell! After using the face wash and toner, I was quite excited to smell this one as I love their smells. But this one was bad even on that part. It has a mild smell but it isn't good. But it goes away after you apply it.

Since I have paid quite a high price for this one, I now use it as a night cream. I take loads of this cream and apply it on my skin at night to keep it moisturized. I haven't seen any acne on my skin so that is one good thing.
Plum also has many variants for the normal, dry and also sensitive skin types.

Pros:

  • Silicone and paraben free 
  • Contains the goodness of green tea and glycolic acid 
  • Sturdy, travel friendly packaging 
  • No new acne bouts 

Cons:

  • High price compared to the quantity 
  • Makes skin oily and greasy 
  • Bad smell 

My rating: 2/5

Comments

Popular Posts